Tuesday, July 15, 2008

London Weekend


My weekend here in London has been packed as I haven't had a lot of time to see everything. Needless to say though, London is completely amazing.


Today was probably the best day. I went inside the Tower of London and saw the Crown Jewels; which were SUPER impressive. After that I went to Abbey Road and actually walked down the crosswalk!! Just knowing that I was where the Beatles had been was enough to make me freak out and act like a total tourist. After Abbey Road....oh wait I forgot! In the morning today I saw the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. What a spectacle!!! I took lots of great videos and pictures, they should be posted here soon!


Tonight I saw Wicked- which was of course amazing. The show included a free two course meal at a really fancy restaurant, too! After the dinner and show some girls and I walked back down to see Big Ben on the Thames River one last time. Everything was lit up and Big Ben reminded me of the scene in Peter Pan when they all fly off to Neverland. We sat there on a bench in front of it and just took it all in. As we were sitting there I heard some girl singing with an acoustic guitar. She had an absolutely amazing voice. I ended up talking to her for a while and bought her CD. She's from Brazil and totally rocks. Her name is Carla Peccorelli. What a great souvenir, eh?


Tomorrow morning we only have a couple of hours before we have to catch a train back home so we're going to stay close by our dorm and finish up some souvenir shopping.Gosh, I've done so much this weekend its so hard to write it all down here!I


finally worked up the courage to ride the London Eye. The London Eye is a HUGE 450 foot tall ferris wheel that overlooks Big Ben and the Thames River. I took pictures from the top....from my seat... where I was clutching the arm rests until I had white knuckles. But alas- I survived to tell the tale here on my blog! Yay me!


I also rode one of those cool double decker tour buses. We sat on the top level (which is all open without a roof) and got a great tour of London. I got most of my pictures from this experience.


London is such an amazing city. It's SO diverse. We watched a bunch of people underneath the London Eye playing songs or juggling or breakdancing. The air is also so full of soot that it turns your white shirts grey. I also blew my nose today and found a lot of black boogies from the soot, yuck.


Alright, I should be getting to bed now. I have to wake up early again for a long journey back to Plymouth tomorrow.


Cheers,

Tara

No comments: