Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tamarside Community College


Hey it was a sunny day today!!!! It's a miracle, hehe!

Today I got to observe at Tamarside Community College (which is really a high school). It was a really interesting experience. All of the teachers were great and so were the students. I spent about a half hour talking to an 8th grade class-pretty much having a Q&A with them about things they wanted to know about America. The questions were pretty ridiculous, ha ha:

"Have you ever seen anyone get shot?"

"Do you know any movie stars?"

"Do you live by Run DMC?"

It was a blast talking with these kids, and I hope they learned some things about America; maybe I even cleared up some stereotypes or common disbeliefs! The kids were great today. I had a blast. Seeing these schools makes me consider teaching abroad one day in the future...I don't know- but it's been running through my mind as of late.

After being at the high school all day then having class, I decided that I needed a shopping break with Kailey. It was lots of fun and I got a lot of cute clothes. The clothes here are way more fashionable than back at home!

Alright, I have to get working on some homework!! I will blog tomorrow-though it might be kinda late because tomorrow night is "80's Prom" with all of the MSU people here! It should be great fun! I'll keep ya posted!


Cheers,
Tara

PS. The picture is of me touching the waters at Bath! I'm a rebel, what can I say? :)

No comments: